Tuesday 18 March 2014

Spring cleaning - keep it thrifty

We have been very busy for a few days. Weather here in UK was very nice and warm so we did spring cleaning & washing. It is so nice not to be using our tumble drier! When it is on I can just feel money drifting away.

So we washed all of our bedding and toppers (we have 3!) and also sofa covers. They have all these marks on them about not to be dry cleaned or washed but with cats they just have to get washed. So I have risked it.
I have first washed cushion covers and they survived. I did them on wool and on very cold.




After we did sofa covers and they are so nice and fresh now! If you have pets you know that muddy footprints are everywhere!
I cleaned and dusted everything what I could and hoovered all those hard to reach places around the house.
It is nice to have clean house and a little bit of elbow grease doesn't cost anything. I use mostly just dump e-cloths and they do the job.

Also we have now regularly open windows during a day to let fresh air in. House humidity went right down and no sign of mould.



 It is surprising how warm can be in our bedroom without heating when sun is shining into the room.

When cleaning I try to use good weather to help me to save money. A little bit of sun will do better job than tumble drier and open windows are better and healthier than some air freshener.



No comments:

Post a Comment