Monday 3 March 2014

Keep looking for offers :-)

Every week before doing shopping I always check the "My supermarket" for offers. Last week I found out that Tesco is selling leg of lamb for £6/kg! That is very cheap. They were selling it at the counter so we went there early on Saturday so we could chose some nice leg.

I wanted about 1.5kg so I got attention of the shop assistant and asked her for "one and a half of lamb leg". She took the smallest leg and put it on the scales  (strange) and said that she is sorry but this one is about 0.66 kg! She clearly didn't understand me (me being the foreigner)  so I repeated myself and she again that she doesn't have anything smaller than that!
It was actually quite funny. I was getting upset and she was getting upset until my "English" husband said that I wanted one and a half kilo of that lamb leg! He said it same way as me and the counter lady understood him! Ahhh, doesn't mater how long you speak the language, there will be always situation when you will be not understood! :-)  Next time I will just ask for 2 kilos :-)

In the end we got that lamb and I did it with my homegrown rosemary.  I have this big bush in the end of our garden. My husband gave it to me 2 years ago. Than it was this cute little thing.
Now it is very good investment. I didn't need to buy any rosemary for past 2 years.


  

So I salted it, put some black pepper on and then made a lots of little holes around and stuck there pieces of young rosemary twigs. Put it in cast iron pan with some chopped onion and plenty of water. Then cooked it slowly for 2.5 hours on 180C.

  

Whole house smelled like rosemary. Very nice. 
After 2.5 hours meat just was falling of the bone.


I did it with some vegetable and cold potato salad. It was very nice "budget" food and we had more than enough for another dinner + my work lunch.
At the dinner we were still laughing at my "One and a half kilos of a lamb leg"!!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment