Sunday 16 March 2014

Reused wine storage box

Years ago I have bought this old wooden wine box for my vegetable home growing. Unfortunately for our fist garden we really didn't need it and also it didn't "fit there. So we have decided to "clean"it and reused it as storage at home.
 




There you can see the oblong box. Photo is from last summer.

I have first had to take all of the old soil out and properly wash it with hose. It was messy job. Then our nice spring weather helped it to dry. After a week of drying I have sanded it. It got rid of the green sheen on it.


Above picture is before sanding and below after sanding.




 Then I have reused our wood stain. I have used it previously on our front door threshold.



Hmm, for some funny reason it went very grey. So I have left it dry and sand it down very lightly.




 It was much better. In the end I have added handles. The holes were already there.

Finally at home. :-) Reused old garden box! Now very practical storage and it didn't cost us anything!

We already had:
sanding paper
wood stain
sisal string for handles


No comments:

Post a Comment