Sunday 9 March 2014

Paint your own door mat

Yes, you can do it!
It started with our front door being attacked by cat. I mean some strange cat was literally peeing on our front door (once on back door too) ! I have to clean them almost every day with detol.

Unfortunately our really nice designed front door mat had enough and even with spray of disinfectant it was smelling horribly of cats wee. It had to go.
So I didn't want to buy another quite pricey door mat. We bought Wilkinson basic one.

I just didn't like how plain it was and then I got this idea. I have spray painted number of items and so far it was success so why I couldn't spray paint my door mat?
I wanted something simple but what will bring smile to our faces when coming home and simple "hello" will look nice.



Firstly I have printed it on A4 in different sizes then I have chosen the best one and cut it out.



 When cutting keep the inside of "e" and "o".


Then I took it outside and covered the mat with old newspapers.


 After I have sprayed it with black paint. Do it when it is not windy otherwise the pieces of paper will be flying off.


 I waited about 1/2 hour for it to dry.


Home made designed door mat done!


Very simple but it looks nice and welcoming.


No comments:

Post a Comment