Saturday 25 January 2014

Weekly baking - Berry tray bake

I like to bake and I try to make something every week so we do not need to buy any biscuits or cake from supermarket. This week I have made my mums classic Berry tray bake. My mums receipts are easy, cheap and quick. She raised three children while she worked full time! She never bought any take away or prepared food. Everything what we have been eating was home made.



So the ingredients for my mums berry tray bake are:

300g self rising flour
180g sugar
250g milk
4 tbsp of oil (sunflower oil is the best)
2 eggs
some fruit ( I use cheap frozen forest fruit)

Mix all together. Lightly oil some tray and dust with a little bit floor. It will help with tray bake not sticking. Heat oven on 180C.
Just pour mix on the tray and put fruit on top. You can add some topping ( I mix a little bit of butter + flour + sugar together until it can be "dusted").



Then just pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until nice and golden and done.

See! I even tried to make it a little bit nicer with my pretty tea towel (and to save work top from burning :-)
I have made a little bit too much of topping so no problem. It goes into reused jar and I just popped it in the freezer for next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment