Tuesday 14 January 2014

Too many clothes - no buy for 1 year challenge 14/01/14

My husband do the ironing. I know how lucky I am :-). It is so nice just plop my nice clean clothes back in the wardrobe.

We have forever problem with hangers. We never have enough of them. It just occurred to me that maybe we have a lots of hungers maybe we just have too many clothes.




When I look at my wardrobe + six draw dresser and master bedroom cupboard (all my clothes and shoes) they are full to the top. I buy clothes only in sales or on e-bay. So I don't really spent a lots on them and I didn't buy any in last 2 months. So why my storage is full? I take good care of them, repair them if needed and I don't really throw any away.

I wanted to see if I can go for a year only with what I  have. I already have dress for friends March wedding. So no need to go shopping.
I have piles of underwear  ( how many knickers one needs anyway?) I have counted them and I have over 50 knickers, 32 black pairs of socks and 26 cardigans!!! I love cardigans.

I hope that in a year time I will actually wear what I have  (all of it) and maybe get rid of same clothes  which will get used by wearing it :-)
My clothes have hungers all in same way so when I will wear them I will put hanger the other way. Over the time I will see which clothes I didn't wear so I can e-bay it and make a way for a new.
Hopefully I will use what I have and save some money in the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment