Tuesday 28 January 2014

Sewing cushions

I have been completing my homemade cushions. I have painted & stencilled selection of designs and colours and I will see which will go together the best.
Yesterday I have made 3 off them.
I have tried to do so far 3 with button opening and 2 with zip and with zip it is easier and quicker to work.
I have got a Janone sewing machine from my husband for Christmas ( I have wished it :-) so sewing is easy. I have just used our existing cushions for template and just sew 2 pieces together with one side with zip (buttons are more complicated). It took me about 15 minutes!




 I have even zig zaged edges so fabric is not fraying. Here is my fist cushion with zip. It has two sides. One is painted dark grey and other yellow.



This big "turquoise" one is with button at the back and took me about another 15minutes more to make.


And I have made earlier 2 light grey chevron cushions for second bedroom and yesterday I have added one more yellow one.


Sorry that pictures are a little bit dark. When I have finished it was almost 22:00. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment