Monday 20 January 2014

Non toxic air freshener.

Yesterday while watching TV I have saw about 6 advertisements for air fresheners! It looks so harmless, it always picture this nice bright home where most decorations are white and this young women walking around sniffing this "magic" new air freshener and I am feeling like slowly dying inside.
They will not say how many chemicals are in it. How much the air in the house is polluted with it. Why would anybody bring more chemicals into their home and pay for it? When you can just open window and let much cleaner air in?
I regularly open window for a few minutes in the bathroom after shower, when cooking or in the bedroom in the morning. It helps with too much moisture in the air and also rooms smell of fresh air.
If I really want to have rooms smell of "something" I will use essential oils.




I like to use peppermint essential oil +  little bit of lemon essential oil. Just 3-4 drops in small dish with water will do. I place it on the radiator and when heating is on in the morning whole room just smell nice and fresh.


I didn't even need to buy any special bowl. I have used this tiny dip dish which we got as set for present and never used. Also peppermint essential oil has been on offer and I got it for £3.25. It last for ages, is non toxic and cost much less than "toxic" air fresheners.


Oh, I just looked on that picture with the bowl on the radiator and well we need to paint it too! It looks so scruffy. Another item on to do list. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment