Wednesday 8 January 2014

Adding up some colour to our second bedroom

When we moved last year we just painted our second bedroom white. It was room where we put all our decorations which we didn't know where else to put. It had missed matched cushions (one from my husband's mum), king size futon from E-bay for guest stay over and place where to have PC. Curtain was only one ( set of 2 curtains for 4 windows) bought in Sale at Next. They are this stone & natural light colour. So our second bedroom was a little bit beige and bland. 





After 13 months of looking at it I had enough. It needed colour. In future it will be nursery & children room. So curtains has to be grown up & colourful for child too. 
We have this big clock on the shelf and I really liked its grey colour and I wanted to keep it. So I wanted this room have this shade. 


 The closes shade I have found is Dulux steel symphony 4


  

One thing I have learned from this painting is: DON'T EVER USE TESTER POT FOR FINISHING TOUCH! It really has different shade than big pot of paint.
I have ended up with patches on my wall and had to buy another big pot of paint to repaint it!
If you can look closed you can see patches.



Another problem was curtain. I just couldn't find any which I liked. All colourful curtains just looked a little bit cheap. In the end I have found this fabric on Fabric.com

It is called 
Premier Prints Suzani Twill Con Yellow  
and I just love it.


I have bought pair of white curtains from Next and just cut off white fabric under eyelets, unstitched lining and replaced white fabric with this and sewed everything together. Every step of it I have measured twice and then cut. I have got a sewing machine for Christmas so putting it together wasn't so bad. So after a week of painting and sewing our second bedroom look this:




Much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment