Monday 27 January 2014

Stencil your cushion

For last two weeks I have been "playing" with fabric paint. I couldn't find any nice cushions for our living room so I have decided to try to make my own.  I have bought some  fabric colour and because they are not really available in range of colours I have bought some fabric medium and also tester pots of some ordinary Dulax emulsion (they come in hundreds of shades).
First I have made some stencils. I have used transparent sheets for ordinary printers. Just marked my design and cut it.  Then got some cotton fabric (I have used old curtain) and painted it with fabric paint.







I have tried a few designs + colours, when larger stencil it is easier to use small roller but if design is smaller I have found out that just sticking sponge on top of stencil is more "precise". Also I like to work with fabric medium & emulsion paint better than with fabric paint. It is more "stiff" but painting it is much quicker and less messy.
After painting it let it dry and then iron it on high setting. It will seal the paint in. Then I wash it (just to be sure that paint is not going to run) and dry it & iron it again and then next step is sewing my new homemade cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment