Friday 28 February 2014

Our boiler is making me to go to the GYM

Funny I know but so very true.
We have inherited our boiler from previous owners. They had this Homecare from British Gas. Every year service guy came and did check on it and have written a "service form". When I was checking our boiler I saw the current form. Yes, boiler is 12 years old, working and it did had some small repairs over the time.
Then I have looked properly on previous form. Yes again everything same, boiler 12 years old. Hmmm. Same age year earlier? Something fishy. So I looked on the form from 3 years ago and same, boiler 12 years old. No good! The lazy British Gas man was copying the forms without changing the age of our boiler! It went back 7 years!


So we bought the house with 12 years old boiler and week later it was almost 20 years old boiler! Not happy!
It is showing it's age. Our heating is working fine (just a little bit slow) but real fun is when trying to get a hot water.
You will switch on shower and it goes slowly hot. So you jump in the shower and then after 10 seconds water goes suddenly stone cold! So you are standing on the side of the bath shivering cold and waiting for second round of hot water and after about 15 seconds it goes warm again. So you jump again under and it goes hotter until scolding hot!


When trying to put a little bit of cold into it, it goes stone cold again! So fun to having a shower.


You can chose scolding hot or stone cold!
It does this hot water only in the morning when I am having shower. Later in the afternoon when my husband has one is just nice hot water. So the boiler doesn't like me.
Every morning after alarm clock goes I am lying in the bed and choosing between having scolding hot shower or going to the GYM and then having nice warm one! Ha, ha. About 70% of time the GYM will win and yes my boiler is making me to go to the GYM! :-)




 

This is my "local" Excel leisure complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment