Tuesday 25 February 2014

Budget, budget and budget

Yes, yes I am know I am a little bit obsessed with budget sheets. I have made several of them. Like one for my spending when saving for house, then for wedding then for all the cost while buying the house and then after for all our spending while renovating/ decorating our house.
Also I have one for our everyday spending. I just made one in Excel. Nothing fancy, ordinary Money in X Money out and then Total.

Source: web


Real commitment is in logging in our on line account and then transferring all movement back to my Budget sheet. After a years I am used to it to do it every week.

I know that our mortgage payment goes in the beginning of the month and for £962.86, same day goes also council tax of £135 then our phone & Internet for £16.50 and then around 10th there is electricity & gas bill for £93.

Between goes some food shopping and a little bits for DIY or garden.
Also I will take food spending on the side and calculate how much we that month spend on food. At the moment we are something around £60/month and I really think that we can do better. Our freezer is full + our cupboard too.
Source: web

I think that the first step in any budgeting is to know how much one is spending and how much money is coming in every month.

Then it is just question of simple math. Money in and money out. If there is more money in than you are good and living within your means. If there is more money out than money in then you are probably in deep debt and have to cut on your spending.

It is surprising sometimes that people do not know how much they are spending. Some will take credit cards as their money! No, no. It is just a loan from the bank and they will want it back and with interest! I have never paid interest on my credit card. I always pay it off every month. If I can't afford something I will not buy it. It is simple as that.

Budgeting is for me as a little bit of therapy. It just make me happy to know that my "financial" are good and if anything will happened (as my car braking down) I can afford it to fix it.
At the moment on my personal credit card is only petrol for my car. This month I was very good with no spend days. Last week it was 6 days with no spend! Only on Saturday we did our food shopping.

So probably yes, I am a little bit obsess with budgeting but it is OK. It just make me happy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment