Saturday 8 February 2014

Pouffe in making

When I have made some cushions for living room I have made them to replace those cushions which you will get with sofa. They are made from same fabric as sofa. I don't know why but I really don't like them. So I have ended up with 2 big cushion covers.
Last week we have been in T.K.Maxx and my husband liked they pouffes. Only problem was, they were not in colour we would like ( and also the price which we would like :-). I was thinking about it and I have this idea to use our sofa fabric cushions to make pouffe! Easy and hopefully it will look better than the cushions!

I wanted something easy and simple. Something like this.




So first I have measured fabric so I would have enough to make them. Our cushion covers are 53cm x 53cm so pouffe will have good size. I will use one cover for top & bottom and second cover for around part. ( If it make sense).

I have used some of the fabric which I already have (old table cloth) and made insert for filling. With our cats I will have to wash it a few times a year and slip + insert will make our lives easier.


Small accident! Meowgi made a run from back door (because it was raining really hard) unfortunately across my newly cut insert! So had to wash it and dry first.


 Next I have all pined it together so it will fit nicely. And slowly sew it together.


See my new sewing machine( Janone 2200XT) and also my new orange pin tin. It is actually tin from my husbands hair clay. :-) It does the job wonderfully and I always can find it because of its bright colour.


Then I have stuffed it with filling. I have used sheep wool. (Because we already had it from our organic and ECO loft insulation :-)
It is black mountain sheep wool. Really nice to work with, just a little bit messy after.


 When I was happy with "fullness" I have hand stitched it close.


And voila, our pouffe almost finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment