Friday 21 February 2014

No clothes buy year - update 1

I am 1 1/2 month into no buy clothes year and still going strong. I have been around shops and I didn't "want" to buy anything.





My wardrobe + chest of drawers are still full. I didn't throw any clothes away ( no any used or damaged items yet). I am still turning around my hangers so I know which clothes weren't worn. There are more then half of the wardrobe not yet worn.

Source: web

I am thinking about E-baying some of my "never worn" clothes. You know that sort which you will like and buy just in case of same "party" and then this never happened. I have about 3 of those dresses. I really like them, they fit me but occasion for them is probably not in my future.

 I am better about my shoes. I don't own that many of them. I have only 2 pairs of high shoes and both are black. I have worn them to weddings and to balls. So maybe 3 times a year. Most what I own are flip flops. So funny because England don't have really that many sunny summer days for them! But they were cheap mostly from New Look so not worth it to sell them.

Then I have pile of some second job clothes. Mostly white shirts + some black trousers. Also GYM clothes. There are some long trousers which I don't use ( I don't like them flapping around my ankles when running) so they will do transfer to my "at home clothes". Lastly there are mine at home clothes and that where the piles lay. I just have so many of them. You know clothes which has some wear but is acceptable to wear them at home while doing some work or for garden but it is pity to throw them away.I will have to do something about them. ( Probably to wear several of them and do little angles in my garden to ruin them, so I can get rid of them with light heart :-)))

So quite successful 1 1/2 month. No spend and I actually can see that I don't need so many of my clothes.




No comments:

Post a Comment