Monday 17 February 2014

Homemade succulent bowl

In the living room on the coffee table we have this big bowl with some balls ( rattan and others). We have inherited it from my husband mum and it made our new house look a little bit more homely. Unfortunately it isn't very practical. It is quite big and when we have our TV dinners it always ends on the edge of the table.




I was thinking about something a little bit smaller and more interesting. I have spotted this "living" decoration. I had a look at the shops and they can be really expensive.


But when looking at the individual plants they are cheap. One of these succulents in Homebase was just £0.99.
So fist I have found bowl which I like. I have bought it on E-bay and it cost me around £8 (and that was almost all for shipping). Unfortunately it had really bad pink colour. No problem for me. I have resprayed it!


See here is the bowl (together with dining room frames). I have bought 3 small succulents for £0.99 each and 1 big for £4 from Homebase. Then took a little bit of soil from my garden and some small pebbles also from our garden and put it all together.


 And this is our new decoration for coffee table!


Cost:
bowl £8.99
succulents: £6.97
paint: already had
soil: from garden
pebbles: from garden
Total: £15.96

No comments:

Post a Comment