Tuesday 18 February 2014

Weekend gardening

After over 2 months of rain, rain and more rain mixed together with some wind and some storms there was one glorious Sunday ( not rain + a little bit of sun).
I have spent it in the garden trying to rescue my plants + fixing some fences.
Our 2 panels between us and our neighbour on the right side are very unstable so I have to prop them. Otherwise they will end up in my little herb garden.





 I have tried to knock on neighbour and let him know about it. It is his "side" of fence but no luck. My husband has to put a note through his door. I hope that he will not take it the wrong way.


 I have also fixed our side of the fence. Our cats are climbing over this stick screening and destroyed it. It isn't perfect but it looks better than before.
I did a little bit of pruning + cut back with our bushes and neighbour trees. I replanted this bush in the corner. It grow big and was screening rest of the plants. In our little garden we want to have most of our space. I hope it will survive.


 I have sprayed my plants again for winter caterpillars. They are destroying my herbs + spring flowers.


In the end of the day I have filled 2 of these big garden bags.
I hope our garden will look again very nice in the summer. Now it looks a little bit sad.
Here are 2 photos from last year.



I love gardening. It is nice to be on fresh air. Also it burns a lots of calories! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment