Thursday 20 February 2014

Working hard & keeping budget

This week is full on working week. I am doing 4 shifts in my second job (plus of course my full time job) I did 37.5 hours of work in 3 days and I have another shift on Friday.

I don't usually work so many hours like that but a lots of my colleagues took holiday and we are a little bit understaffed. It has some pros. I will not spend a penny in 5 days ( because I don't have time to go to the shops :-)  Of course with more work comes more earning and also my "flexibility" to take more shifts and cover for my colleague is giving me more "job security". Basically I hope I am asset to my manager and if it comes to reducing staff I will be not the one to reduce.



A lots of people forget that job security is very, very important.
If I get tired a sometimes a little bit fed up with my jobs I always try to remember that without them I will not be able to afford my house. I will not have deposit and also not have only 80% mortgage with good rate.

I will keep working in my second jot as long as possible but with more years I can feel that I am more and more tired.
It is easy to budget if you have 2 jobs but we are slowly preparing for possibility of having our earnings reduced. When children will come we will have to review our budget. At the moment we live way below our means. We can pay our mortgage and bills and still save some money for rainy days. With our careful spending and budgeting for food and DIY we are ensuring that we will be not in financial difficulties in near future.
So when I am working my crazy hours at least I can sleep peacefully knowing that I am doing it for good reason.

Source: web

No comments:

Post a Comment