Monday 10 February 2014

Spray paint lamp

My mother in law gave to me her surplus lamp. I really like it but it looked a little bit boring. So I had this idea to paint it very bright colour to make it a little bit "younger"




 First I have cleaned it.


 Then tape it with painters tape. So it will not have marks on cable and also on electrical bits.

 Then I have took it outside and started to spray painted and that was my first mistake. Can you see at the bottom the uneven paint? Yep, I should use primer first and do really thin coat. I did thick one and paint was making drops. So I had to wait 1 day for it to dry then I had to sand it down and then do 4 really thin coats. It worked!


 I have used this spray paint. It was OK to work with it. Just remember a lots of thin coats!
So this was lamp before.

 And after


No comments:

Post a Comment