Saturday 1 February 2014

Improvising - cushion filler

Today I went to the shops to find cushion  filler for my homemade cushion cover. I needed small rectangular but I couldn't find any. Wilkinson had really cheap one ( £1.5) but it was bigger and square. I will not find any cheaper than that so I decided to make my own and use Wilkinson one for filling mine!

I had this big filler and I needed that smaller rectangular one for my grey chevron cover.




 So first I made a cover and used fabric off cut from old curtains. Pined it and sew it together (leaving one side free for filling it).


Cut the big filler and staffed mine.



 And then pin it again and sew it together.


 Mine looked just like from the shop! :-) Very easy and cheap. I guess that I could buy proper bag of filling but then I didn't need more than just for one cushion.


Second bedroom finished. (At least for a little while) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment