Wednesday 4 June 2014

Over 100 posts - done!

I almost didn't realised but I am now over 100 posts! :-) When I started I have known that there will be time when I probably will not have "energy" to do it anymore, but I am impressed with myself. Half a year later and I am still enjoying writing about our house and my "trying" to do some DIY and decorate it somehow tastefully. :-)
 It is a hard work for a house not to look like from the high street catalogue. You know very matchy. I know a few people how just went along and got whole range from Next (even with curtains) or from John Lewis. It looks very nice just not very personal. I am always trying for very personal and "it goes together" but not matchy (guilty in case of all of our furniture being solid oak - We just like it!)




I take my inspiration from Internet and for first time I am reading a lots of others blogs. Never have been into it but there are so many people doing their houses on budged and achieving better results then interior designers!

I am so jealous. Also I have noticed big difference between UK and USA. In USA there is so wide selection of fabrics! You can't get them here in England. Also even ordinary Target has better and cheaper staff then quite expensive John Lewis.

It also seems that everything here is in so much smaller scale. I would like to paint our bedroom some dark colour but dark is making everything smaller and our bedroom will not take it. :-(
Decorating your house is a process and I now realised that it will never be finished! It will always progress and change with our taste (mostly mine :-)

I just hope that in 1 year time there will be some improvement. I am taking a lots of pictures just to be sure that I am making our home nicer and not worse. I just want to wake up one morning and see our home and be very happy what we did with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment