Thursday 5 June 2014

Drafty front door - no more

What do you do when it is raining outside? DIY! That is a lots of time for DIY here in England as there are more rainy days than the sunny ones! :-)
I had a eye on our front door for some time. I did the revamp of them last year but I didn't changed the bottom brush. I thought that it is still OK and it will be waste to change it. Our front door are pretty much drafty free (as you can 135 years old door make) but this brush was getting a little bit used and grubby(+ had a little bit of paint on). Also do you remember my DIY front door mat? I had to have new one because of some tom cat spraying out front door + mat. Also the "pee" got on the inside carpet and on the old door brush too. It was a little bit smelly and had to go.

I always forget how much work it takes to take screws out which were painted over! It took some strengh! 




The door under the brush were just monkey and also in one time yellow (inside) !


I have sanded it a little bit.



 Then I had to clean everything with dettol wipes. The wood and also the little bit of carpet under the door were smelly (cat pee)! :-(


I have wiped every last bit of door even under!


Then I have cleaned the carpet with some carpet Vanish.


 Of course I had a gloves on!


 Now nice and clean and ready for painting.


I did about 3 coats of oil based paint. It took forever to dry. In the end my husband screw in new brush from Homebase for a few pounds.
It looks so much better ( Also smell nicer too :-)


Nice new door brush done in days of rain. Hmm, can you see that runner? :-( It looks dirty!
Oh well, something to do this weekend then. :-)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment