Friday 13 June 2014

Curtain shortering / dining room

What a beautiful weather here in Surrey! Almost pity that I have to spend it in the office. :-)
This week I have finally shortened our dining room curtains. I have bought them from Ikea. They are beautiful turquoise velvet ones. They come as 3m long! So I have dusted my sewing machine and spent 1 evening with them.
When I hang them they were like this.  Not so bad?

 


It was bad! They were very, very long!

 

 So I have measured and measured. First pined it and tried the length again.


Then cut and pin it and tried it again.

 



 Then run a trial with colour of thread. Light grey seams to be the best option.


Then sew it together. It wasn't difficult. Just to keep a straight line.


Not bad! I am not professional so this is as good as it will be.


 From far you can't almost even see the thread.

 

They just need some ironing and all done. :-) Sorry for the light but our dining room is very difficult to photograph. The light is just not right! North side room.




No comments:

Post a Comment