Thursday 19 June 2014

No clothes buy year - update 4

My no clothes buy year goes very well. I didn't buy anything in last 1 1/2 month! There is a small problem in August as we have been invited for friends 30th birthday party and there is a theme. Gatsby 1920 - 1930.

 

It means that I have to get a dress. :-( and shoes and accessories. Hmm..
I will have to for a second time this year buy some clothes. I will try and buy the cheapest suitable little dress + shoes and then sell it again after the party.

I did some progress on getting rid of some of my clothes. 1 wedding party dress sold,  1 skirt sold, 1 jumper dress sold and 1 casual dress sold. I am still adding some more staff on e-bay also some garden + cats staff too. I have to put in the bin 1 work blouse and 2 second job shirts as they had a holes in!
So far I am getting more clothes out of the wardrobe then in. :-)

We have been on a few shopping trips and I have been in a number of women shops and I didn't really liked anything! I don't know if it is because I just don't like their clothes or I just don't feel the need to own them. :-) It is surprising that 1/2 year without any clothes shopping and I still have a mountain of the clothes to wear and I am not missing the shopping! My credit card statements look so much nicer now. If we go for shopping it is only my husband who will buy some new shirt or t-shirt.

I have to still unpack my summer clothes from under the bed storage box. I will be ruthless with them too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment