Thursday 30 October 2014

Sheep skin

We have been given 2 sheep skins by my parents. I have washed them. One survived but second not so. I have been trying to repair the damaged one and make it in something usable.
I have stuck with "cloud" design and just cut it. It will be hopefully nice rug for the nursery.
I think it looks lovely now. Also I have started our gallery wall. (and I have to really stop to making pictures in the evening! The light is no good.)





Firstly I have cut out some wrapping paper to measure the size of the "cloud" when I was happy with it then transferred it to sheep skin.



I have cut out the skin on the right size to be able to see the bits I didn't want to "keep". The pieces on the legs don't have any fur.


Then did a little bit of tweaking.


 All done. this is how the skin looks like on the other side. All repaired and dry it isn't so bad.


Quality control was good. Even after washing, repairing it (while wet and like a drowned animal) and cutting it Meowgi still loves it. :-)


Cost: sheep skin free!

No comments:

Post a Comment