Monday 27 October 2014

Nursery - decorative cloud

I have been "playing" with my sewing machine again. I am guilty as charged these days about it. I hope my husband Rob will not feel left out. I am usually camping in the dining room where all the mess can be contained. :-)

I thought that I will make our new nursery more colourful. There are lots of nice decorations on Pinterest and one caught my eye.
Cloud with colourful raindrops.

I have in the end made it in about 2 evenings.




 

 

Firstly I have cut out the "cloud". Fixed some thin ribbons (offcuts from my tops) in and sew it together (left a little hole to fill it in with cushion stuffing)





Then cut out around edges more closely so there will not be fabric getting "bunched"
Put it right way through the "hole" and measured the size of raindrops.


Then cut them out from colourful felt.




Pined them & glued the ribbons to my raindrops.


Than started to sew around with white embroidery thread.


In the end  I have filled all raindrops with a tiny bit of cushion filling to make them fuller & filled the cloud & sew together. I have also attached the ribbon to the cloud to be able to hang it up.


Cost:
White fabric - off cut from sheets - free
Ribbons - offcuts from my tops - free
Felt - bought on E-bay for £3.75 (used about 1/3)  £1.25
Cushion filling - given by Robs mum - free
Threads - already had them for years - free
Glue - had it and used only a tiny bit.

Total cost £1.25!

No comments:

Post a Comment