Friday 10 October 2014

Have it as on Pinterest or on budget?

That is always my dilemma. I start with "it will do" and I will use what we have (that 15 black frames in the attic could be redone in white for nursery) and then I see something on Pinterest or others blogs and instantly I want it all. Then slowly realised that that will blow any budget and I come back to re-do what I have.




I get so excited that I forget that have it as a magazine picture is not important. I go with this process every time! I will never learn. :-(
To do the "balance" and get it how I want on small amount of money is the key. Everybody happy & our bank account too.


I do a lot, and I mean a lot of research to see what cost what. Then try find something similar on E-bay and do DIY. I know I probably spent too much time on E-bay :-), but I am proud, that I have found that chest of drawers there for £51 (and it is only about 5 miles from us). We are picking it tomorrow and I will do a little update with some stain (also bought on E-bay for about £6 less than in the shop). I am so looking forward to it!


Our E-bay selling goes well. Some surplus curtains & pile of clothes sold.  Futon, TV stand & TV finishing this Sunday and hopefully for good price. It will offset the nursery & baby staff cost.  Then I can put together newly painted cot + start sewing some sheets & bumper. I was given some fabric by my mum.
So our weekends are full!

Have a nice one too. :-)))
Hanicka

No comments:

Post a Comment