Tuesday 14 October 2014

It doesn't match!

Yep, that was when I was proudly showing our new nursery furniture!
Chair is a light wood, cot is white and our new/ second hand chest of drawers is a dark oak. Put it together with our solid Oak furniture in the rest of the house and it is not colour coordinated!



I wanted to paint the chair white too but the wood is in perfect condition! Anyway I was a little bit upset with the comments. We have furniture which will serve us well. It is clean and functional and I am trying to put it "together with the chevron grey & yellow fabric.

I think that the problem is in the what people expect and see in the shops as "perfect nursery". We went to visit mamas & papas and mother care and I have to say their nursery furniture is beautiful and colour coordinated, but the price! The cot my husband really liked was over £600!!! Sorry, but to pay that for a child which will use it for max of 4.5years is a little bit over our budget. Fair enough if the parents are earning high salary and they could afford it than Please do so, but for rest of us that is not priority. I am not taking anything from our love for baby if I am not having same colour of cot & chair & nursery furniture. I hope that our baby will not be upset when she/he sees our.
OK, that is the end of my "upset with the world". :-)

I will try harder to coordinate it with more pictures and more fabric (maybe some rug?) and I hope that our nursery will not come short.

No comments:

Post a Comment