Tuesday 7 October 2014

Baby cot update

I have almost forgot to put here update for our new (second hand) cot! I have bought the most ECO & baby friendly paint what I could find. It is from The Little Greene Company and it is just water based one with very low VOC. Bought it from Cane & Adam and it set us back about £23 per liter. :-(

 


Firstly I have put the cot in the garden. Even with low VOC I was being sure that I am not breathing anything toxic. Than sand it down all. 


Put the wood primer. Very important with water based paint.


Then just did one coat after another. It will need at least 5 of them. The paint is very thin!
So after about 3 it went from this -


to this. So much better. Still it needs at least 2 more coats and some sanding between.





No comments:

Post a Comment