Thursday 16 October 2014

Is your clothes ethical?

Yes, I know I have clothes from Primark. Not at all ethical, but I really like it. Their basics I mean. So soft, they actually last for ages (so no need to buy a lot) and of course the price. I like their basic t-shirts, tops and socks. I bought also some tops & socks from M&S, Tesco and H&M, but they do not last that long and they go "funny" after number of washings.
I wish the Primark was a little bit more "ethical" about their workforce, but did you look at your clothes lately? There is no any shop (on high) street selling clothes made in England or at least in Europe. The closest is "made in Turkey/ Romania". Even the more expensive shops have labels "made in China/ India/ Bangladesh.
So me being me, I see as being all ECO and ethical to not to buy "a lot of clothes" or buying clothes from charity shops & E-bay auction. Reusing & not having excess has to be the most World friendly. am I right? In the end I always get stuck between being ethical and being frugal.




Today work clothes:

Top from Primark - size bigger/ £3.50
Black skirt H&M - £5
Tights from Next/ sale - £5
Total: £13.50


I am getting better with this. See? no bin. Also we are lucky at work as we do not wear any suits & ties. So very casual clothes only for me (also comfy).

Hanicka

No comments:

Post a Comment