Monday 28 July 2014

Homemade non toxic deodorant

I am making a number of cosmetics at home. I have homemade makeup remover, homemade soap (easier than you think) and also homemade non toxic deodorant.
The main ingredients is bicarbonate of soda. It "swallows" all smells so it is on its own good deodorant. Unfortunately I find it a little bit abrasive. That is why mixing it with other natural and non toxic ingredients makes more sense.

Homemade non toxic deodorant



Ingredients:
3 table spoons of bicarbonate of soda
3 table spoons of arrowroot
1 table spoon of virgin coconut oil

And that is all!

I buy virgin coconut oil in bulk. Really any will do. I usually get the cheapest virgin one what I can find on Internet . It is also very good natural moisturiser. I use it for my face. It also has some UV protection.

 

Then you will need some jars. I have one 60ml. and then I used some old little tiny jar from mineral eye shadow.



 Just clean it properly and voila you have small "travelling" jar for deodorant.


Then mix all ingredients together. Mind that coconut oil changes consistency in around 25C from solid to liquid. I like to work with solid one so I popped it in the fridge for a few minutes. If you want more "solid" deodorant just add more arrowroot.


 Mix it until smooth.



And then just fill in jars. 60ml will usually last me more than 1/2 a year! You really need just a tiny amount. Apply underarm - shaved one. It will not stop you from sweating but it will stop you from smelling. :-))). Also I don't have any "yellow marks" on my white tops. Only the "modern" toxic deodorants & antiperspirants are doing it.



Non toxic natural and also very cheap deodorant
I have "tested" it even on our holiday in Sri Lanka. We were climbing on big mountain of rock and I wasn't smelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment