Friday 11 July 2014

New picture wall in our dining room.

We finally finished our new picture wall in our dining room. I have been really carefully about doing it right this time.
That is how we had it before. I liked it but it was a little bit empty. Also notice my husband put the "S" wrong way!
 


Firstly I have bought a lots of frames from charity shop + some circular which were on sale. Spray painted them all black.  No easy to do here in UK when it is raining most of the time! Then cut the brown wrapping paper to make the the template on the wall.


Secondary, I tried it on the floor to be sure that pictures and frames goes well together. I had to be standing on the dining room table to be able to take this picture!

  

And thirdly my husband surprised me and put them all up. He changed them a little bit. There is not straight line on the top. Also they are more "relaxed". We will be probably tweaking them as we go. (I will made more space between pictures on the far left) Also changing the pictures over the time. They are fixed by Velcro stickers so we can remove them and stick them back on without any damage to the wall. 

The pictures are selection of entry tickets, wedding cards cut outs, maps and photos.



I like it like this! Makes our dining room look so interesting. No boring rooms here in Surrey. :-)))



No comments:

Post a Comment