Monday 7 July 2014

Holiday in Cornwall

We have been in Cornwall for a few days. I actually never have been there before and I live in UK for about 10 years! Shame I know. We went there with my husband and his parents. Poor John was driving. It takes about 5 hours to get there!

We were staying in this beautiful beach hotel (Tommy Jacks). Their food was very good too and the staff was so helpful and nice. I can really recommend this hotel.




It is in Bude on North coast of Cornwall.


 Beach was so pretty and sandy. Only pity that the weather was a little bit on rainy side. It didn't stop me to get my feet wet. :-) I have grown in the country without any sea so any opportunity and I will get in. :-)))

 
 

This is my husband and his dad. Enjoying the view.


Of course we had to have cream tea.


We visited The Tintagel Castle.


Again beautiful view. The sea was almost turquoise colour.




The weather didn't get any better so we spent a few hours of driving to South and visited The Eden project. The admission wasn't cheap but it was so interesting! We were plenty of hot in the rain forest!




This is the Mediterranean side.



 We went also to Looe. Again, got my feet wet.




Then we popped to Polperro. Visited their smuggling museum and had a lovely lunch there.


On the way back we drove around the coast of North Devon. Did a little stop in Clovelly. We were a little disappointed that they charged admission to visit a village! I would not mind to visit some museum and learn about their history and pay for it but to be charged for waking into a village? It just left us with a little bit of bad taste. We didn't stop there for a lunch.

This is my husband and his mum. It was very steep walk!


 Pretty village. Just a little bit commercial.






Look at those stones! Sensible shoes recommended.



In the end of hour holiday we bought some proper Cornish pasties. Had them for Sunday dinner.
They were lovely. :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment