Monday 21 July 2014

What a girl do when husband isn't at home? DIY!

Yes, Rob went to London for a stag do and I have all house for myself! Oh, just Rob's dad is fixing the down light in the utility room. Poor man isn't electrician so he has a fun with them. I have cleaned the house as usually, which is done on Saturday, did the weekly shopping, went to library, spent some time doing garden and also finally finished that "dodgy wall in the living room.

When we moved in our house all windows were single glazed and rotten! We are still finding a damage from it!

 This is our new radiator in living room. Pretty isn't it?




 If you go a little bit closer, it isn't so pretty anymore. That is the "leak" damage from old rotten windows. It was hidden behind old radiator.


I have covered our new radiator and started to sand it down.


After about 10 minutes it needed still more sanding!


Then I have mixed some filler.


 Filled all holes and left it for 3 hours to dry. I have been extra careful to make it super smooth.



Then I have painted it. We used same white Dulux Trade paint all over our house so any corrections are easy.


All done and super white.





While I was running around the house and fixing staff our cats were just passed out!
Meowgi sometimes opened 1 of his eyes to check my progress! :-)))

 

No comments:

Post a Comment