Wednesday 7 May 2014

Staining garden furniture

I have managed also squeeze some garden furniture update into our busy bank holiday weekend.

We have been given our garden furniture by my husbands parents. I really like it but the table is just too big for our tiny garden.  So I bought some smaller one used one from e-bay and we will sell our bigger one. Everybody happy!


This is the old circular from e-bay. It is made of good wood, it just went black with age & weather. So I have started to sand it down. It took me close to 2 hours to do it (with 4 chairs) of course by hand (+ some sand paper).




 Sanding and sanding ...


 And that how it looked just before staining.


I have used this stain. Colour is warm teak. I wanted something on the brown side with warm to it.

 

 The chair on the left before and chair on the right after staining. It looks just like new!

 My done chair just drying.

Also our small sentry box (just for mover + bike staff) was a little bit weathered. Plus I didn't like its orange colour. It got some update too.


 So much better and the wood will be more resistant to weather too.


After weekend of painting + staining our garden had a little paint splashes. No problem.


With this little kitchen help it took just second to get rid of same stains.



What do you think? Garden looks just so smart with little bit of paint and some hard work :-)

Given chairs + used table from e-bay



No comments:

Post a Comment