Tuesday 6 May 2014

Extension masontry painting


Bank holiday gone :-(  but we have been very very busy. We painted and painted!
We did our extension masonry + woodwork in 2 days!
Our extension masonry is very rough. It never have been painted, it just has this cream & pink colour (magnolia?). It looked just old and stained.
Firstly we had to remove all staff near it (Bikes, little shed, heavy potato bags 3x, plant pots, watering hose, some decorative bark and number of tools. Then remove some fixing (vent) and move away garden box. Also lay down some newspapers for protection of the paving.




 

Very magnolia ccolour + old pipes holes.


Some blackness behind guttering.



 Also peeling paint.


And mess before even painting.


Then my husband sandpapered pealing paint and I meanwhile started with masonry. We bought this paint from B&G for £28,98 and second came half price. We needed it because our masonry was very thirsty and in the end we used 3.5 of these 5litre tins. We have chosen Plymouth grey colour. I taught that it will look nice and modern compare to our Victorian house and also will look nice with black woodwork.


So I have started to do top & back of our extension (my husband is scared of heights so heights are on me. :-)
In this stage we discovered that I tin will not be enough. :-( and poor my husband had to drive to the B&Q for more tins.


Also we had to do "line" between us and our neighbour. I have used fishing weight and string.



It did the job and my line is nice and straight.


So this is all what we managed on Saturday.


 On Sunday morning we started early. Firstly I had a fun with newspapers! :-)



Our house inside looked so funny!


I started then painting all around edges. It took ages! Also I was very careful about spillages. I know that cleaning takes even longer than painting.

Rob was doing the big parts. In the end (early evening) we finished! Rob is taking here my newspapers from windows.


And inspecting my edges. :-)

All done!


It looks so smart!


No comments:

Post a Comment