Wednesday 30 April 2014

Weekly baking - Carrot cake

This week I have made Carrot cake. It is actually first time I am baking it. I found it very easy and very tasty. Also cost of the ingredients is quite low.




Receipt:
200g plain flour
1/2 tea spoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 tea spoon of grated nutmeg ( I didn't have any so I put there ground All spice)
1 tea spoon of baking powder
1 tea spoon of bicarbonate of soda
150 g dark brown sugar
200g vegetable oil ( I have used sunflower oil)
3 eggs
225g grated carrots
50 g chopped walnuts

White chocolate instead of icing because it is easy and I still have a lots of it left from Christmas. Of course bought when on offer. :-)

First mix together flour, spices, baking powder and soda. Then whisk in another bowl oil and eggs and then add to the flour mixture.


Add carrots and walnuts. Mix properly.


Then oil the tin/ pan and pour mixture in.


Bake in preheated oven on 150C for 1 1/4 hour.


When cooled then put melted white chocolate topping.



Done. :-) Even with All spiced instead of Nutmeg it was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment