Friday 4 April 2014

Chicken with peppers

I have made a very nice Thursday dinner. Chicken with red and yellow peppers. I have them left from our wrap dinner and I didn't want them to go bad. We are always trying to use all of food what we have so we are not throwing anything away.
 


I have bought this chicken from Tesco when on offer and it cost me about £3.80.



I have salted the chicken plus added a lots of black pepper and a little bit of herbs of provence plus tiny bit of olive oil. Then added chopped peppers. It will make the chicken taste a little bit sweeter.
Put in the oven on 180C for about 45 - 60 minutes (depends on size of chicken).


 I made it with roasted potatoes. Heat of the oven has to be used! :-)


Then made a little bit of gravy with sauce. Just put a little bit of plain flour in the mug with cold water and mix properly. When added to simmering sauce it will make it thicker.

All done and served with homegrown beans.


Best thing about it is that we will have it again next day and then I will make pasta bake with left over meat day after! It save the time to do the batch cooking also it will save our money on bills for cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment