Tuesday 15 April 2014

Kitchen clean up

I had again my cleaning bug. This time the kitchen was the victim! :-). I can't look at anything looking dirty. I am a little bit OCD with it.
Our kitchen is old and pretty used so looking "dirty" doesn't take much time.
I have first cleaned the cupboard below sink. I think that every kitchen has this cupboard not in best shape. Our is slightly falling apart and we will have to in near future buy completely new kitchen. In meanwhile cleaning is all what I can do.

My motto is that cleaning and keeping clean doesn't cost anything. I use only Ecover washing liquid on cheap Tesco e-cloth (the with one).  It does the job and it is less "toxic" for us and our cats.




 I am also trying not to buy any "magic" cleaning products. We use Surf for colour & black washing (doesn't leave marks on dark clothes) and Aldi Almat for white (very cheap and does the job). We are also both a little bit sensitive around washing products and these don't made our skin itch.

Then I use ordinary bleach + Method bathroom for cleaning bathroom and Dettol for cleaning after our cats. We also use Vanish for carpets (cream carpet and cats don't go together that well) and that pink bottle on the right (behind bleach) is my weak  moment. It is room fragrance and I have bought it because we had some friends coming and I was a little bit worried about "pets" smell. Now I use it only on our front door mat. It deter cats, dogs and foxes to pee on our front door! :-)

My cleaning bug spread on other kitchen cupboards and I scrubbed also cupboard with our selection of glass jars. We usually reused them for batch home cooking and also for throwing away left over "fat and oil" We never pour it down the drain because it will block our washing machine hose! We have there also plastic box as recycling bin. Actually we throw away more recycling than refuse.


This cupboard is our messiest. It is in constant use. So it will probably stay like this for max of 2 days.


Also our spice cupboard got a little bit of clean up


After all of that my husband contracted my cleaning bug and start sorting out too! :-) His very big collection of DVDs. This is just a small part. He is getting better and sometimes will sell some of the older ones on Magpie. :-)


Yes, that is how we spend our free time! Even our cat are used to it and they generally will not take any notice of us running around with e-clothes! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment