Friday 27 February 2015

Homemade pushchair pocket - recycled bag

I really like all little gadgets and helpers in everyday life. I am guilty as charged to want to have it all. So when I spotted this cute little bag for a pushchair handle in T.K.Maxx I was seriously tempted to buy it. Only two things were against. Firstly the cost of £14.99 and secondary the fact that for the next 6 months I will be getting only the maternity pay of £138.18!
The pocket was really nice, but also small. Hmm.... my husband as he knows me had a one look at the pocket then second at me... " I am sure that you can make this with your sewing machine"!!!


That is exactly what I did!
Firstly I had a look at my unused collection of bags. One nice black Esprit tote was the perfect one.
I have cut it in half, then unstitched the handles.


Sew together the two parts then attached the handles again. Made them shorter + put them on sides.
One side I made removable so I could put it on and off the pushchair handle.


 Just simple hole + big buttons did the job. All done in about 45 minutes!

 

This is the look from the back.

When put on the pushchair (our brand new Armadillo), the handles are not in the way. I hope I will find the pocket handy when popping to the shop. As first time mum it isn't tried yet! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment