Monday 9 February 2015

Handmade baby changing mats

I had a little burst of energy this weekend! I have used it and made 2 handmade baby changing mats.
I will leave one in the living room so we do not need to go upstairs. Other will live in the car for changing on the go. :-)

Handmade baby changing travel mats


I had left over waterproof fabric (polypropylene mattress protector) from when I was doing some sheets for travel cot. Also offcuts off cotton bedding fabric from my mum when she was sewing some bedding for us.

I needed only some cheap toweling. Bought it in Wilko (actually cheap bath towel). I have sew together waterproof fabric + towel + pretty damask cotton. Then turned it right way in so waterproof fabric is inside.


Then added some contracting ribbon on one end so it could be rolled up.



All done. Cost about £2.50 for one. If I would use old towel then free! I just wanted to have them looking new. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment