Wednesday 18 February 2015

Homemade cot storage pockets

We will have the cot in our bedroom for at least first 6 months. It will be easier and quicker to do the night feeds & nappy changes. Our bedroom is good size double, but with the cot next to me it will be a tight squeeze. Also I will need some nappies, muslin, cotton, nappy bags... very near. I don't plan to actually get up :-).
So where to put them?
I thought about it and then I spotted very handy cot storage pockets in the shop. Problem was that it cost £45!!! It didn't look very complicated so I tried to make it myself.


Firstly I have measured the cot. I wanted it to fit fully to one side. I have used fabric offcuts from a table cloth. It is just a ordinary white cotton but quite thick.
Then cut off another 2 pieces for pockets. Because all is white I have added pretty ribbons to the openings of pockets (so you know where they are).


 

Then added some decorations. Cloud + rain drops. I have sewed them by embroidery zig zag. Next time I will chose a fabric with smaller pattern. The chevron is getting a little bit lost there.






 In the end I added the Velcro tags sewed on strong wide ribbon.


All done!
 

Cost: No more than £3!!!

White fabric - offcuts I already had
Ribbon - I have bought a big batch of them for £9! used only 1/2 roll of one
Chevron fabric - offcuts of nursery cover
Velcro - already had - I bought meters of it and here used only 4 small pieces


No comments:

Post a Comment