Thursday 26 February 2015

Homemade washable baby wipes - recycled fabric

We will be using a washable "cloth" nappies for our baby boy. I think it is much nicer to "wear" cloth than paper, also the cost is the big positive too. I am sensitive to "chemicals" and cosmetics so we can't really use normal baby wipes. I have been looking at water wipes, but in the end we will try to use the cloth wipes first.




Did some research into them and there is a lots of mums on Internet already using them! 
Firstly I had to make them. Easy to do with my sewing machine. I have bought some fabric. Brushed cotton bedding from E-bay. It wasn't even used. The seller just didn't like it. For £7.50 I got meters and meters of it.
I have simply cut a small rectangle, then sew it together (one side is dark and the other light).



Cut the corners, turned it the right side through and sew it again around the edges. Here I am in the middle of sewing all 20 of them.


All done. Washable baby wipes for a few pounds.


I will fold the wipes in half, wet them and keep them in the plastic box.

I have also made some bamboo face cloths. I have just simply cut a few new bamboo nappies into four pieces and sew the edges. They are nicely small so washing the baby skin creases will be easy.



The bamboo shrinks a little bit during the wash. On the left side the washed X on the right side non washed one face cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment