Thursday 19 February 2015

The third trimester - what you didn't expect

The third trimester is really funny time. Suddenly the scary word "labour" is here. I am excited to meet my baby boy and in the same time absolutely terrified of how that will happened. Especially as new mothers around me (2 sisters in law + colleague) had emergency c-section.
I am one of the lucky pregnant ones. No morning sickness, no any problems what so ever (if I am not counting a little bit tiredness in the beginning) No SPD, all scans (2) good, low blood pressure, no protein, no sugar and measurements & weight perfect. So you can see I am low risk as low risk can get. It still don't stop me to be scared that something will go wrong.


People around me are asking the typical questions about being pregnant. From how big x small I am, if I have any cravings (nope) and if my forgetfulness is actually baby brain (no always forget everything). So many excuses for being pregnant! Truth to be told I am not finding "being pregnant" being so difficult or different.
Fair enough there are some challenges about the third trimester nobody will tell you:

1. Going to loo at 3:00 in the morning + 5:00 + 6:00 is no surprise for you any more. Just more time to check your facebook + babycenter before falling asleep again.

2. Being hungry (yes I mean your tummy making loud noise) at 4:00 in the morning. Just between your first and second journey to loo. I have usually a little snack/ apple while standing in the kitchen in my PJ.

3. Challenges of putting on and off socks, shoes and cutting your toe nails. I am not that good with yoga.

4. The maintenance of your down below & epilating your legs is like a running a marathon on blind. You will need a hour rest before your heart rate will even out and you will still not able to see anything as your tummy is in the way.

5. Getting up can be challenge! Your body will hurt in unexpected places + you will make a noise like a 99 years old grandma.

6. Clothes. Don't even start with it! I am using about 10 pieces of clothing and I would love to wear anything what actually has a normal waist line!

7. The first thing always on your mind when travelling (even that 8 miles to work) is loo! You know all free loos in your area. It isn't funny to need to go even after you went 10 minutes ago!

8. People look at your tummy funnily. I mean like you are going to give birth right there in front of them in the middle of the shop!

9. Names! Everybody will ask you about the sex of the baby and then about the name. We have chosen the name, but we are not telling. In case of people not liking it. I think when you actually have the baby + name. Nobody will say, that it is not nice name. :-)

10. Your weight. I put on 11kg, but I don't feel that big (if not counting my whale belly). All my life I am careful about weight and do exercise so stepping on scales can be shocking! The 64kg now is good and healthy (that what I am telling myself). Especially when eating the piece of cake, which would serve 3 people at 8:00 in the evening while watching the Games of Thrones! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment