Wednesday 4 March 2015

BumGenius nappy - velcro to snap converting

I have bought some used BumGenius nappies from the E-bay. You can get a real bargains this way. They were about £3 per nappy with 2 boosters compared to about £16 per nappy when new!
I really like the look of these nappies. They also have very good reviews. Only thing is the Velcro. The usage will show on it first. I don't like the Velcro anyway so I did some Internet research and decided that the cheapest and the best way for us will be just convert it to snaps.
I am using KAM snaps anyway on number of homemade baby staff.


Firstly I have got rid of the Velcro. There is the big tab, 2 small ones on the sides and then the washing tabs inside.





Then I have downloaded the template (from www.raisinglittletreasures.com). Cut it out and made a little dots for guide.



The little dots are made with a pencil so they will wash.
 

In the end I have put on the KAM snaps. The "male" ones on the tabs and then "female" ones on the front of the nappy. For 1 nappy you will need 4 male snaps and 20 female snaps.


All done. This way they have new lease of life and they will not get stuck together in the wash anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment