Monday 9 March 2015

Homemade baby cloud quilt - the simple way

I really do not like to be bored, but after a week on my maternity leave (39 week pregnant) I am slowly running out of things to be cleaned! I am used to do 2 jobs and over 60 hours a week so no surprise that being "stuck" at home is not very exciting. Also the no GYM state is not helping. So I went through my stash of fabrics and decided that it is the time to have a go at baby quilt. No better time than heavily pregnant and bored!
As this is my first attempt at anything like this it wasn't without mistakes. Look what I ended up with!


Firstly I had left over turquoise velvet fabric from our dining room curtains. Then some white bedding fabric and lastly one cheap cream fleece from Primark sale (£2). So no need to buy anything! Hura!

I have cut out the clouds and then simply "embroidered" them onto the white bedding fabric with my sewing machine. I should really take a time and do it properly with some folding under, but I am little impatient person and I didn't bother. Next time I will do it as it will prevent fabric (especially velvet) to fray when washed!



After I have used more of the fabric to do the border. Again. My stitch is not the straightest, but it looks OK for my first baby blanket attempt.


Ah, and here is the fraying! The cloud has a little bit on the right side. Anyway I am quite pleased with it. I will learn from my mistakes and next time I will do it properly! For now one very warm baby quilt ready for our baby boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment