Thursday 15 October 2015

7 most usefull DIY baby stuff

I went a little bit crazy when pregnant with all that DIY baby stuff. Some was really helpful some stuff didn't work out.


The most useful was:

1. Homemade sheep skin pushchair liner. Just cut out the liner from sheepskin. Our baby boy loves it. It is nice and soft & breathable. Definitively one of the best DIY what I did.

2. Bibs. I wish I did more of them. We at the moment will use about 20. Some in use, some dirty in the washing machine and some drying. Tesco do £3 per couple. It is cost effective to sew them yourself, some cotton fabric & some waterproof backing & snap (don't bother with ties - too fiddly)

3. Cot bed sheets. I have made them from good 100% cotton fabric and they are good even after every week wash. We have 3 in circulation and it is enough. I sew them myself mostly because our cot mattress has a unusual measurements. So sheets will be otherwise quite expensive to buy.

4. Black & White cot bed pictures. Baby boy likes them. It will keep him occupied for a few minutes when he wakes up.

5. Home made cot bed storage pockets. Very good DIY idea. It keeps all little bids in one place and off the carpet.

6. Home made baby changing mats. We use them constantly and they have been washed so often that I lost the count. Still nice white & going strong. The waterproof liner is good. It actually surprised me, that it last so long!

7. Home made cover for plastic changing mat (actually I have 2 of them) and I wish I did another 2! They are good and keeps the baby bum warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment