Tuesday 13 October 2015

10 most helpful baby stuff

To have the baby bath or not to have? How many clothes? Do we need baby travel system?
Yes, we all went through a lot of decisions about baby stuff. It is in the end all quite pricey.

In our experience the most helpful  baby stuff for us was:


1. Tummy Tub
It is basically a big bucket. I did not want to have a baby bath. Firstly no place for it as our bathroom is very compact and then just a though about lifting it full of water after having a baby was big NO.
I bought Tummy Tub from E-bay for about £13 (with shipping) and it was worth every penny. Easy to lift, saving on water and our baby boy loved it! We did everyday bath from a day one as our baby boy was actually quiet when in the water. He outgrow it when he was 5 months old. Now we put him in the big bath and he is happy to just sit there with 2 inches of water. Also he loves his swimming classes. All thanks to (we think) Tummy Tub.



2. Bouncy chair. Thank you so much for it! That was where our Sami was sleeping first 3 months. It let me have my dinner (I kept bouncing him with my foot while eating). Also I was taking him everywhere with me, even to bathroom!

3. Maxi Cosy car seat base. Actually 2 of them. As one in my car and other in my husbands car. So easy to just pop car seat in and out. We have isofix family 2 way one. It will fit even the next car seat (Pearl) so a little bit saving there too.

4. Armadillo Mamas & Papas pushchair. Yep, we do not have travel system. Just I pushchair which you can use from birth to age 3. It is light and small. Will go even in the smallest of the car boots. I like it, but I wish I went for Mamas & Papas Flip pushchair (your can turn baby facing you) and also it will help if the wheels would be a little bit bigger.

5. Next to me cot. We used it as a second cot for downstairs & travel cot when travelling. Light and easy to use. I just wish we had it from birth.


6. 2 baby bottles. Yes, we had only 2 bottles. I have been combination feeding until Sami was 5 month old. You really can have a baby and do all formula feeding with 2 bottles. We went for Avent one as the boy hated Nuk unti-colic bottles.

7. Aldi nappies. We love them! Cheap and they work! No leaks.

8. Chamomile tea & cotton squares from Morrison.
We do not use baby wipes as I am sensitive to them. 6 months down the lane and we still use baby cotton squares (from Morrison for £0.35) and just wet them with chamomile tea. It works - no nappy rash.

9.Changing mats. I have made 2 myself and then we have another 2. So 4 changing mats in our house. 1 in each bedroom. 1 in changing bag and 1 in living room.

10. Bibs & muslin clothes. Lot of them. We started weaning and we can use about 6 bibs and 5 muslin clothes a day!



No comments:

Post a Comment