Thursday 23 June 2016

Way too much stuff!

I am for ever fighting with overload of stuff at home. Too many clothes, too many toys, too many kitchen utensils and way too much storage solutions. Our stuff is just overwhelming me. I am a little bit of minimalist at heart so it is strange that our house is full! I am not hoarder, but it just seems that they are too many items everywhere (and the little one is not helping).

 

I wish I had only clothes I actually wear and our house was full of space and light, but unfortunately we have quite a lots of furniture and all wardrobes, chest of drawers and cupboards are full to bursting!
I was doing a little bit clear up for last month. Who would tell that old plastic garden storage box will sell on e-bay for £16! (and Rob wanted to take it to dump :-)))

I sold over £160 worth of unwanted stuff (baby clothes, my clothes, toys, spare wheel trim and that old garden box). It feels good and it did not make even a dent on our cupboards!
So back I went to find more unwanted stuff.


Problem is that most of it is wanted. I want it, but I do not use it. So it is sitting in our house and taking precious space. I feel like sometimes stuff is owing me. You know I have to keep it in mind when buying something just in case we already have it and take care of it (for ever dusting). It just drives me mad!


Too much stuff and I can't get rid of it in case we will need it! But if we do not use it, than it has no value to us! Definitely I can't part with stuff because it cost money and it will be pity to throw it away. Even if I try to sell it and it goes for £1 will not make me happy, because maybe it is new and it cost much more to buy it. It will be loosing money right?

It is just circle which I can't get out and it makes me sad, because I just want nice and clear space around me and around our family.


I am not giving up. I still trying to reduce. Our garden looks much bigger (as tiny back garden can), has less pots and less garden items. It make me happy to look out there.


Next it master bedroom. Slowly I am making it adult space again and banishing baby items to our son bedroom. It is fight, but I am not giving up! :-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment