Monday 6 June 2016

How did we spend that on WATER!

In February we received a call from our water supplier Affinity Water (bless them). They were carefully asking us if any circumstances in our household had changed? Oh, yes (was my answer) we have a baby!
Than it is OK than your water bill went up by 270%! WHAT! We already had about 5 month old baby when our usual bill came in August and it was the usual £85.63. So how we got to £317.48 in next 6 months is big mystery.


I had a big look up on our water consumption and this is how you spend £231.85 more than you need.

1. have two long showers a day. I usually have one short shower in the morning, but after going back to work and being absolutely exhausted in the end of the day I just really needed a few minutes to myself. I took them in the shower and easily spend there 10-15min. Guilty as charged :-)

2. doing two washes (clothes) a day. So baby boy is 6 month old and is starting to eat solids. Clothes get dirty a lot and he needs at least 2 changes a day + nappy accidents + food everywhere. So sometimes I need 2 changes a day.

3. Baby boy is too small for his tummy tub and he has every day bath. Of course with full bath!

4. Food preparation for 1 more person. More washing up.

Firstly only 1 really short shower for me. Reducing washing of clothes by having baby eating in the kitchen where we can just wipe the floor and not washing the blanket under him. Everyday bath has only 10cm of water! Food preparation is now reduced as he can eat what we eat.

Next bill will come in August so I hope no more surprises! That £231 over is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN! I promise :-)))


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hanicka, my name is Tim and work at Affinity Water :) It’s great to read your plans to save water! Reducing your shower time and using less water in the bath will really help. You might be interested in some free devices we offer to help you save more water, energy and money. Take a look at www.affinitywater.co.uk/savewater, and you can get free items like eco-shower heads, shower timers and a Bath Buoy for your new baby :) I hope this is helpful, Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim,
    Thank you for your message!
    I will have a look at your saving devices.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete