Monday 29 September 2014

Our second baby furniture - Glider chair

I have won it, I have won it! Yep, the chair on the e-bay! I started to look for some very comfy chair but they are really expensive! Even on e-bay the Glider or rocking chairs in good condition go for about £80! Used ones! So when I have found one very near us (3 miles) and bids were staying on £5.50 I took my chance. I stayed on e-bay until the last possible time and then bid the maximum what I would be comfortable paying for it. I bid £30 and I have won it for £23! It wasn't in the best shape.
Advertised as with stains and with pen mark :( I wanted anyway to make a cover for it as these chairs come with really ugly slip covers. So no harm.
I have borrowed our company van to transport it and when we brought it home it looked like this:

Dirty (found number of shreddies there + stains everywhere)




Pen marks.


And even worst the footstool had a displaced some parts. Otherwise the wood was in very good shape.



We have straight striped it and my husband spent ages with removing staples from footstool. We just wanted to wash everything!


Then surprise! All stains washed! Even the pen mark. I have then used old cushion filling and stuffed the foam with some. Also I have to fix 2 zips as they are broken (one inside of the back cushion and one on the bottom cushion) That was the reason why the chair looked a little bit sad.
Over all we got it for a good price because the owner couldn't be bothered to wash and fix the covers!

I have to now go and buy some nice fabric for it. This weekend is the sewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment